Major Says Veterans Mobile Service Center Slated to Visit Montrose July 30 and Aug. 20
MONTROSE – Rep. Sandra Major (R-Susquehanna/Wyoming/Wayne) today announced that the mobile veterans center is scheduled to visit the Price Chopper Shopping Plaza in Montrose from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Monday, July 30, and Monday, Aug. 20.
The Price Chopper Shopping Plaza is located at 6750 State Route 706 in Montrose.
“Having a mobile veterans office come to the area has been a great convenience to many area veterans who would otherwise need to travel in order to receive assistance. I have heard from many residents who have expressed great appreciation for this unique service,” said Major. “I encourage any area veterans who may need assistance or just want to explore what programs and services may be available to them to stop by the mobile center.”
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs operates the mobile veterans center to reach veterans in underserved areas. There are several mobile vet centers in Pennsylvania and throughout the United States.
Some of the services provided include:
• Individual and group counseling.
• Marital and family counseling.
• Bereavement counseling.
• Medical referrals.
• Assistance in applying for VA benefits.
• Employment counseling, guidance and referrals.
• Alcohol and drug assessments.
• Information and referrals to community resources.
The mobile center features the following:
• A 38-foot mobile counseling center.
• Two private offices.
• Satellite communication and Internet service with the VA Medical Centers.
• Video conferencing and tele-health capabilities.
• Three flat-screen televisions for training and educational videos.
• Wheelchair lift and accessibility.
• Full-time veteran driver and veteran counselor.
Major noted that dates and times are subject to change, due to weather conditions and vehicle maintenance. Notification of cancellation and rescheduling will be done as soon as possible if affected.
Appointments for mobile veterans center services are not required. More information about the center and veterans services is available at www.RepMajor.com
. Major also posts legislative information on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/RepMajor
State Representative Sandra Major
111th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tricia Lehman